- download and install the latest version from http://debian.nullivex.com/amd/AMD-APP-SDKInstaller-v126.96.36.199-GA-linux64.tar.bz2 (see https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/issues/1511#issuecomment-385120692)
(do not wonder why it is a link to a dropbox but AMD has removed the SDK downloads, see https://community.amd.com/thread/228059)
- the AMD APP SDK is not longer needed (all is included in the driver package)
- download & unzip the AMD driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support
- run `./amdgpu-pro-install --opencl=legacy,pal` from the unzipped folder
- set the environment variable to opencl `export AMDAPPSDKROOT=/opt/amdgpu-pro/`
**ATTENTION** The linux driver 18.3 creating invalid shares.
If you have an issue with `invalid shares` please downgrade your driver or switch to ROCm.
For linux also the OpenSource driver ROCm 1.9.X+ is a well working alternative, see https://rocm.github.io/ROCmInstall.html